Personal Interview Q/A – SBI, IBPS & RBI 2017 10 months ago . 2 Comments
Search for... Sort by Relevance
Recent Articles Today’s Important Current Affairs 14th April 2018 with PDF (https://testbook.com/blog/current-affairstoday/) 10 months ago
Today’s Important Current Affairs 14th April 2018 in Hindi with PDF (https://testbook.com/blog/currentaffairs-hindi/) 10 months ago
Today’s Important Current Affairs Quiz 14th April 2018 (https://testbook.com/blog/current-affairstoday-quiz/)
Download this as PDF (https://testbook.com/blog/wp-content/plugins/kalins-pdf-creationstation/kalins_pdf_create.php?singlepost=po_3839)
10 months ago
Personal Interview is an essential part of most Banking selections like SBI PO, SO, IBPS RRB, etc. Though the interview questions are often predictable, it can get tough to answer them spontaneously and sometimes you can also get a googly! If you are preparing for the upcoming SBI PO or BOB PO Personal Interview, then you should definitely read this article. This article is going to be useful for those of you preparing for other Bank exams as well. To be impressive during the interview, you should be prepared for the questions generally asked in the interview still appearing to be spontaneous. Before that watch a video on Group Discussion as it is surely something you should never miss on.
BIS Written Exam Cancelled, Latest Update on Scientists-B Recruitment – Check Official Notice! (https://testbook.com/blog/bis-exam-updates/) 10 months ago
News Flash:SSC JE Result 2017 for Paper I Out – Direct Link to Check! (https://testbook.com/blog/ssc-je-result/) 10 months ago
1. Personal Questions in Interviews These questions will generally be part of the ‘Tell me about yourself’ question, but can be asked separately. Types of personal questions: a. Your name
Join India’s #1 Test Series Now! 33+ Lakh Users! RRB Group D (https://testbook.com/rrc-group-d#ref=testbookblog) RRB ALP & Technician (https://testbook.com/rrb-alp#ref=testbookblog) SSC CPO (https://testbook.com/ssc-cpo#ref=testbookblog) SBI Clerk (https://testbook.com/sbi-clerk#ref=testbookblog) DMRC (https://testbook.com/dmrc#ref=testbookblog) (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgM9qPLv7RhTRQIGa4wgKA?sub_confirmation=1)
If your name holds some significance, do mention it. b. Place of birth If your place of birth is of historical importance, mention stories around it. c. Family Father’s occupation, reasons for not following his footsteps, family expectations, location preference. d. Strengths/Weaknesses Be honest. Do mention some weakness but try to portray it in a positive way. e. Role model You should know everything about this person and should be able to connect your goals to this person’s career and life. f. Any leadership experience It can be anything, be it a School Science project, Camping Trip, Class Monitor role, Office Projects, College Festivals, NGO volunteering, Social Events etc. Works better with a story, so mention your experiences and challenges faced as a team leader; mention your learnings and how this experience made you a better person. g. Any teamwork experience Same as above, but the purpose of this question is to ascertain whether you are comfortable working alongside a team and what kind of strengths and expertise you will bring to the team.
2. Educational Background in Personal Interview Questions will revolve around ‘why’ and ‘what’ of your Educational Background. Types of questions: a. Tell us about your education Interviewer is mostly interested in your graduation/post-graduation education. b. Technical questions related to your education If you are an Engineer, expect questions related to subject knowledge, definitions and current research happening in that field etc. c. Why did you choose this stream/subject as your graduation subject? You should sound enthusiastic about your stream and educational choices You should also be able to connect the learnings from your education with the skills required for the job d. What have you been doing after graduation? Questions related to ‘why’ and ‘what’ of the things you were involved in e. Do you have any plans for further education? Try framing your answer as below: “I don’t have any plans, but in the future, if I feel that I need to learn something new to help me do my work in a better way, I would definitely go ahead and make the most of it.”
3. Career Objectives and Goals Personal Interview is held to judge your aspirations, attitude and ambitions. Career questions will revolve around your career ambitions and understanding of the role you have applied for. Types of questions: a. What have you been doing after graduation They want to understand how your career choices have emerged over the years. It is perfectly alright to change careers, but you should be able to give sensible explanations for doing so. b. Why Banking The reasons can include: i) I developed a keen interest in Banking while working on ‘XYZ’ project in my previous job ii) I started reading about Banking & Finance and realized that there were problems with current banking processes and I can play an important part in solving them iii) I have realized that my experiences are well suited for this job, making me a good candidate c. Why did you leave your previous job Never say anything negative about any of your past experiences – it gives a bad impression to the interviewer. Frame your answer to point out how you enjoyed your previous job, but later realized that you could play a more vital role as a Banking officer and how you could touch the lives of many people. A story can be a good way to communicate this :Build up a story like how your house-help was trying to open up a bank account for her children but was unable to get through various forms. It was only with your help that she could open up the account. This made you realize the importance of this job. d. Why government job and not private job It’s not about Public v/s Private sector, but about the profile and learnings associated with it.
4. Questions related to Job The questions will revolve around your knowledge of the job profile and the company you are aspiring to be part of. In this case, you are applying for the role of say, Bank PO. Types of questions: a. Why should we hire you Sum up all your previous experiences in a way so as to appear as if you are made for this job. Show your enthusiasm for the work profile, how it will teach you a lot and take you forward professionally, making you a better person as a whole. b. What are the roles and responsibilities of this job You must read about the job profile and career path in detail.
5. Question related to Banks and Banking Questions will revolve around specific questions related to Banking, Finance, RBI and Economic News etc. Types of questions: a. What do you know about banking processes and various schemes Example: Define BASEL III Norms, What is Jan Dhan Yojana b. Banking Terminologies and Abbreviations Examples: Types of account, Lockers, NPAs etc. c. RBI related news, terms, definitions, rules, and important facts Examples: Repo rate, reverse repo rate, CRR, Name of governor etc. d. Economics, Finance and Business related questions Example: What is fiscal cliff? FDI in retail/ aviation/broadcasting
6. Questions based on Current Affairs The questions related to recent important things happening around us can also be there in personal interview. Types of questions: a. Based on politics b. Based on new Laws/Treaties/MoUs etc. c. Based on Sports tournaments/Cultural events d. Awards and recognition e. Important days/Persons f. Based on social movements If you are looking for more tips and suggestions to prepare for your upcoming personal interview, then do check out: 40 Questions that can be Asked in SBI 2017 (https://testbook.com/blog/group-discussion-topics-forsbi-po/) 5 Tips to Nail an Interview Like a Pro (https://testbook.com/blog/5-tips-to-nail-an-interview-likea-pro/) How to Crack any Bank Interview (https://testbook.com/blog/how-to-crack-a-bank-interview/) Also, Get Recruitment Notifications and Alerts (https://testbook.com/blog/instant-job-alerts-for-majorrecruitments-ongoing-upcoming/) Hope you get your desired job. All the best!
Suggested Posts For You
Top Posts in Bank Clerk
Common Wealth Games 2018 for SSC & Bank Exams R... (https://testbook.com/blog/commonwealth-games-2018-gk-notes(https://testbook.com/blog/commonpdf/)
wealth3 days ago IDBI Admit Card Out for Written games-2018- Test of Executives 2018... (https://testbook.com/blog/idbigk-notesadmit-card/) (https://testbook.com/blog/idbipdf/) 3 days ago admit-card/)
#803-805, The Landmark Building, (Above Croma), Sector 7, Kharghar, Navi Mumbai - 410210 [email protected]
) +91-8080-433-233 (tel:+91-8080-433233) Office hours: 10 AM to 8 PM (Sunday Closed)
Abhyudaya Bank Recruitment 2018 for Clerks – Dire... (https://testbook.com/blog/abhyudayabank-recruitment/)
(https://testbook.com/blog/abhyudaya3 days ago bankVijaya Bank Recruitment for recruitment/) Managers (SO) & Clerks...
(https://testbook.com/blog/vijaya3 days ago bankrecruitment/) EXAMS
About Us IBPS Clerk (/ibps-clerk) (https://testbook.com/aboutSSC CHSL (/ssc-chsl) us) IBPS PO (/ibps-po) Careers SSC CGL (/ssc-cgl) (https://testbook.com/careers)
Bank PO Bank SO (https://testbook.com/bank-(https://testbook.com/bankpo) so) (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?
Scientific Assistant (IMD) Vyaktitva (/scientific-assistant-imd) (https://testbook.com/vyaktitvatestbook-leadership-initiative) UIIC Assistant (/uiic-assistant)
id=com.testbook.tbapp) Bank Clerk RBI (https://testbook.com/bank-(https://testbook.com/rbi) clerk) Insurance FOLLOW US (https://testbook.com/insurance)
SSC CGL Railways RRB Partners RRB Office Assistant (/rrb-office- (https://testbook.com/ssc- (https://testbook.com/railways- (https://testbook.com/partners) cgl) rrb) assistant) (https://www.facebook.com/testbookdotcom) (https://www.facebook.com/testbookdotcom) (https://plus.google.com/+Testbookdotcom) Blog Aptitude GK & Current Affairs SSC Stenographer (/ssc(https://testbook.com/blog/) (https://testbook.com/aptitude) (https://testbook.com/gk- (https://www.linkedin.com/company/testbookstenographer) and-current-affairs) Media com) (https://testbook.com/news) GATE BSNL TTA (https://testbook.com/gate) (https://testbook.com/bsnlSitemap tta) (https://testbook.com/sitemap) SSC JE CIL (https://testbook.com/ssc- (https://testbook.com/cil) je) MP Patwari (https://testbook.com/mppatwari)
© Testbook 2017
Privacy (https://testbook.com/privacy-policy) Terms (https://testbook.com/terms-of-service) User Policy (https://testbook.com/acceptable-use-policy) (https://mixpanel.com/f/partner)